Bordeaux Chateau Stories · 1855 Classification
なぜクロワゼ・バージュは、城館を主役にしないのか

ポイヤックの丘にシャトー・クロワゼ・バージュを訪ねようとすると、少し戸惑うかもしれない。紹介資料をめくっても、絵はがきになるような城館の姿が見当たらないのだ。ラベルにも、塔や城壁の絵は描かれていない。では、この城はいったい何を見せてきたのか。
答えは、畑とセラー、そしてラベルの隅に残る二つのメダルにある。Domaines Quié公式サイトが語るのは、建物の来歴ではなく、土地の来歴だ。Croizetという家がこの地を興し、Calvéという家がその評判を磨き、Quiéという家が受け継いだ——一つの畑が、三つの家名を順に渡り歩いてきた物語である。
| 項目 | 内容 |
|---|---|
| 正式名称 | シャトー・クロワゼ・バージュ(Château Croizet-Bages) |
| 村・AOC | ポイヤック(Pauillac) |
| 1855年格付け | 第5級(Cinquième Cru) |
| 現行畑 | 約30ha・Bages集落周辺・深い砂礫 |
| セパージュ | カベルネ・ソーヴィニヨン58%・メルロ39%・プティ・ヴェルド3% |
| 所有 | Domaines Quié(Quié家)。他にRauzan-Gassies、Bel Orme Tronquoy-de-Lalandeを保有 |
| 認証・設備 | HVE(高環境価値)認証取得。醸造施設・貯蔵庫の刷新中(目標2026年) |
| セカンドワイン | Alias Croizet-Bages |
Croizetが興し、Calvéが磨き、Quiéが継いだ
17世紀、Croizet兄弟がポイヤック・アペラシオンの中心部にこのドメーヌを興したとされる。誰が最初にこの土地へ手を入れたか、その名は今もシャトー名に刻まれたままだ。
1853年、地所はCalvé家の手に渡る。ワイン商としての専門知識を持つ一族が、この土地の取引網を広げたと伝えられる。格付けが定まる2年前、この城の歩みはすでに動き始めていた。
そして1855年、パリ万博にあわせた格付けで、クロワゼ・バージュはポイヤックの第5級に列せられる。その位置づけは、今も変わっていない。
1942年、パリのワイン商だったPaul Quiéがシャトーを買収した。以来、Quié家はこの城を手放していない。2000年には、Paulの孫にあたるAnne-FrançoiseとJean-Philippeが経営に加わり、今も運営を続けている。Croizet、Calvé、Quié——三つの家名が、一つの畑を順に手渡してきたのである。
ラベルに今も残る、1878年と1889年
1878年と1889年、パリ万国博覧会でこのシャトーはメダルを受けた。そして今も、この二つのメダルはラベルに描かれている。城館の絵姿の代わりに、ここに描かれているのは受賞の記録そのものだ。
1969年、畑の半分を1年で植え替えるという決断
Paul Quiéの買収後、畑は1968年までに1855年当時の区画を基準として約30haへと回復されたとされる。長い時間をかけて、土地はもとの姿を取り戻していった。
その翌年、1969年。息子のJean-Michel Quiéは大きな決断を下す。その年の収穫を終えた畑の、実に半分を1年で植え替えるという決断だ。世代交代を悠長に待つのではなく、一気に畑を刷新する道を選んだのである。
現在の畑は、Bages集落周辺のポイヤックの丘に広がる約30haの一続きの土地だ。深い砂礫と砂礫質の砂が、天然の排水を促す。カベルネ・ソーヴィニヨン58%、メルロ39%、プティ・ヴェルド3%というセパージュのもと、HVE認証を取得した畑が今も続いている。醸造施設と貯蔵庫の刷新も進行中で、2026年の完成を目標に掲げている。
セカンドワインの名は「Alias(アリアス)」——ラテン語で「別名」を意味する。若い樹の区画から造られ、やがてファーストワインを生むことになる樹が中心だ。セパージュはカベルネ・ソーヴィニヨン58%、メルロ40%、プティ・ヴェルド2%。フランス産オーク樽で12〜14ヶ月を過ごしてから世に出る。
知っておくと語れる3つ
- この城の紹介には、絵になる城館の姿がない。 ラベルにも塔や城壁は描かれず、畑とセラー、そして受賞メダルがこのシャトーの顔になっている。
- ラベルには今も、1878年と1889年のメダルが描かれている。 1855年の第5級という格付けと同じ時代、パリ万博でこのシャトーは受賞を重ねていた。
- 1969年、当主は畑の半分を1年で植え替えた。 Jean-Michel Quiéが下したこの決断が、今日の約30haの畑の骨格をつくっている。
Why Croizet-Bages Doesn’t Put a Château Building Center Stage

Set out to visit Château Croizet-Bages on the hills of Pauillac, and you might find yourself a little puzzled. Leaf through the introductory materials, and there is no postcard-worthy château building to be found. The label, too, carries no image of towers or ramparts. So what has this château actually shown, all this time?
The answer lies in the vineyard, the cellar, and two medals preserved in the corner of the label. What the Domaines Quié official site tells is not the history of a building, but the history of a piece of land. A family named Croizet founded the estate here, a family named Calvé polished its standing, and a family named Quié inherited it — the story of a single vineyard passed in turn through three family names.
| Item | Details |
|---|---|
| Full name | Château Croizet-Bages |
| Commune / AOC | Pauillac |
| 1855 Classification | Fifth Growth (Cinquième Cru) |
| Current vineyard | Approx. 30 ha, around the hamlet of Bages, deep gravel |
| Grape varieties | Cabernet Sauvignon 58%, Merlot 39%, Petit Verdot 3% |
| Ownership | Domaines Quié (the Quié family). Also owns Rauzan-Gassies and Bel Orme Tronquoy-de-Lalande |
| Certification / facilities | HVE (High Environmental Value) certified. Winemaking facilities and cellars are being renewed (targeted for completion in 2026) |
| Second wine | Alias Croizet-Bages |
Founded by Croizet, polished by Calvé, inherited by Quié
In the 17th century, the Croizet brothers are said to have founded this domaine at the heart of the Pauillac appellation. Whoever first put their hand to this land, that name remains carved into the château’s own name to this day.
In 1853, the estate passed into the hands of the Calvé family. A family with expertise as wine merchants is said to have expanded the estate’s trading networks. Two years before the classification was fixed, this château’s journey was already in motion.
Then in 1855, in the classification tied to the Paris World’s Fair, Croizet-Bages was ranked a Fifth Growth of Pauillac. That standing remains unchanged today.
In 1942, Paul Quié, a Paris wine merchant, acquired the château. Since then, the Quié family has never let it go. In 2000, Paul’s grandchildren, Anne-Françoise and Jean-Philippe, joined the management and continue to run it today. Croizet, Calvé, Quié — three family names have, in turn, handed down a single vineyard.
1878 and 1889, still on the label today
In 1878 and 1889, this château received medals at the Paris World’s Fair. And to this day, both of those medals are depicted on the label. In place of a picture of the château building, what is drawn here is the record of those awards itself.
1969: the decision to replant half the vineyard in a single year
Following Paul Quié’s acquisition, the vineyard is said to have been restored by 1968 to roughly 30 ha, based on the plots as they stood at the time of the 1855 classification. Over a long stretch of time, the land gradually regained its original shape.
The following year, 1969, his son Jean-Michel Quié made a major decision. After that year’s harvest was complete, fully half of the vineyard was replanted within a single year. Rather than wait patiently for a generational turnover of vines, he chose to renew the vineyard all at once.
Today’s vineyard is a single continuous stretch of about 30 ha spread across the Pauillac hills around the hamlet of Bages. Deep gravel and gravelly sand promote natural drainage. Under a blend of Cabernet Sauvignon 58%, Merlot 39%, and Petit Verdot 3%, the HVE-certified vineyard continues on today. Renewal of the winemaking facilities and cellars is also underway, with completion targeted for 2026.
The second wine is named “Alias” — Latin for “otherwise known as.” It is made from parcels of younger vines, centered on vines that will eventually produce the first wine. The blend is Cabernet Sauvignon 58%, Merlot 40%, and Petit Verdot 2%. It spends 12 to 14 months in French oak barrels before release.
Three Facts Worth Knowing
- This château’s own presentation has no picturesque château building. No towers or ramparts appear on the label either — the vineyard, the cellar, and the award medals are what represent this château.
- The label still carries the medals of 1878 and 1889. In the same era as the 1855 Fifth Growth classification, this château was also collecting awards at the Paris World’s Fair.
- In 1969, the proprietor replanted half the vineyard in a single year. The decision Jean-Michel Quié made then shaped the skeleton of today’s roughly 30-hectare vineyard.
ทำไมชาโต ครัวเซ-บาฌ (Château Croizet-Bages) จึงไม่ให้ตัวอาคารชาโตเป็นตัวเอก

ถ้าลองไปเยือนชาโต ครัวเซ-บาฌ บนเนินเขาแห่งโปยัค (Pauillac) อาจรู้สึกงงเล็กน้อย เพราะเมื่อพลิกดูเอกสารแนะนำ ก็ไม่พบภาพอาคารชาโตที่สวยงามราวโปสการ์ดเลย แม้แต่บนฉลากก็ไม่มีภาพหอคอยหรือกำแพงป้อมปราการ แล้วชาโตแห่งนี้นำเสนออะไรมาโดยตลอด
คำตอบอยู่ที่ไร่องุ่น ห้องบ่มไวน์ และเหรียญรางวัลสองเหรียญที่ยังคงอยู่ที่มุมฉลาก สิ่งที่เว็บไซต์ทางการของ Domaines Quié บอกเล่าไม่ใช่ประวัติของอาคาร แต่เป็นประวัติของผืนดิน ตระกูล Croizet เป็นผู้ก่อตั้งผืนดินแห่งนี้ ตระกูล Calvé เป็นผู้ขัดเกลาชื่อเสียงของที่นี่ และตระกูล Quié เป็นผู้สืบทอดต่อมา — เป็นเรื่องราวของไร่องุ่นผืนเดียวที่ถูกส่งต่อผ่านสามตระกูลตามลำดับ
| รายการ | รายละเอียด |
|---|---|
| ชื่อทางการ | ชาโต ครัวเซ-บาฌ (Château Croizet-Bages) |
| หมู่บ้าน/AOC | โปยัค (Pauillac) |
| การจัดอันดับปี 1855 | ระดับ 5 (Cinquième Cru) |
| ไร่องุ่นปัจจุบัน | ประมาณ 30 เฮกตาร์ รอบหมู่บ้านบาฌ ดินกรวดลึก |
| สัดส่วนพันธุ์องุ่น | กาแบร์เนโซวีญง 58% เมอร์โล 39% เปอตีแวร์โด 3% |
| เจ้าของ | Domaines Quié (ตระกูล Quié) ยังเป็นเจ้าของ Rauzan-Gassies และ Bel Orme Tronquoy-de-Lalande |
| การรับรอง/สิ่งอำนวยความสะดวก | ได้รับการรับรอง HVE (High Environmental Value) กำลังปรับปรุงโรงผลิตไวน์และห้องเก็บไวน์ (เป้าหมายแล้วเสร็จปี 2026) |
| ไวน์รอง (Second Wine) | Alias Croizet-Bages |
ก่อตั้งโดย Croizet ขัดเกลาโดย Calvé สืบทอดโดย Quié
กล่าวกันว่าในศตวรรษที่ 17 พี่น้องตระกูล Croizet เป็นผู้ก่อตั้งโดเมนแห่งนี้ขึ้นที่ใจกลางแอปเปลาซียงโปยัค ไม่ว่าใครจะเป็นคนแรกที่ลงมือดูแลผืนดินนี้ ชื่อของเขาก็ยังคงถูกจารึกอยู่ในชื่อชาโตมาจนถึงทุกวันนี้
ในปี 1853 ที่ดินแห่งนี้ตกไปอยู่ในมือของตระกูล Calvé ตระกูลที่มีความเชี่ยวชาญในฐานะพ่อค้าไวน์ กล่าวกันว่าได้ขยายเครือข่ายการค้าของผืนดินแห่งนี้ออกไป สองปีก่อนที่การจัดอันดับจะถูกกำหนดขึ้น เส้นทางของชาโตแห่งนี้ก็เริ่มเคลื่อนไหวไปแล้ว
และในปี 1855 ในการจัดอันดับที่จัดขึ้นพร้อมกับงานเวิลด์แฟร์ที่ปารีส ครัวเซ-บาฌได้รับการจัดให้อยู่ในระดับ 5 ของโปยัค สถานะดังกล่าวยังคงไม่เปลี่ยนแปลงมาจนถึงปัจจุบัน
ในปี 1942 Paul Quié พ่อค้าไวน์จากปารีส ได้เข้าซื้อชาโตแห่งนี้ นับตั้งแต่นั้นมา ตระกูล Quié ก็ไม่เคยปล่อยมือจากชาโตแห่งนี้เลย ในปี 2000 Anne-Françoise และ Jean-Philippe ซึ่งเป็นหลานของ Paul ได้เข้าร่วมบริหารและยังคงดำเนินกิจการอยู่จนถึงปัจจุบัน Croizet, Calvé, Quié — สามตระกูลได้ส่งต่อไร่องุ่นผืนเดียวกันนี้มาตามลำดับ
ปี 1878 และ 1889 ที่ยังคงปรากฏอยู่บนฉลากจนถึงทุกวันนี้
ในปี 1878 และ 1889 ชาโตแห่งนี้ได้รับเหรียญรางวัลจากงานเวิลด์แฟร์ที่ปารีส และจนถึงทุกวันนี้ เหรียญรางวัลทั้งสองเหรียญนั้นก็ยังคงปรากฏอยู่บนฉลาก แทนที่จะเป็นภาพวาดของอาคารชาโต สิ่งที่ปรากฏอยู่ตรงนี้คือบันทึกการได้รับรางวัลนั่นเอง
ปี 1969 การตัดสินใจปลูกองุ่นใหม่ครึ่งหนึ่งของไร่ภายในหนึ่งปี
หลังจาก Paul Quié เข้าซื้อกิจการ กล่าวกันว่าไร่องุ่นได้รับการฟื้นฟูจนมีขนาดประมาณ 30 เฮกตาร์ภายในปี 1968 โดยอ้างอิงจากแปลงปลูกตามที่เคยเป็นในสมัยการจัดอันดับปี 1855 ผืนดินแห่งนี้ค่อยๆ กลับคืนสู่รูปลักษณ์เดิมไปตามกาลเวลาอันยาวนาน
ปีถัดมาคือปี 1969 Jean-Michel Quié ผู้เป็นบุตรชายได้ตัดสินใจครั้งสำคัญ นั่นคือการปลูกองุ่นใหม่ในพื้นที่ครึ่งหนึ่งของไร่ที่เพิ่งเก็บเกี่ยวเสร็จในปีนั้น ภายในเวลาเพียงหนึ่งปี แทนที่จะรอให้ต้นองุ่นผลัดรุ่นไปอย่างช้าๆ เขาเลือกเส้นทางของการฟื้นฟูไร่องุ่นทั้งหมดในคราวเดียว
ไร่องุ่นในปัจจุบันเป็นผืนดินต่อเนื่องขนาดประมาณ 30 เฮกตาร์ ที่แผ่ขยายอยู่บนเนินเขาโปยัครอบหมู่บ้านบาฌ ดินกรวดลึกและทรายปนกรวดช่วยให้เกิดการระบายน้ำตามธรรมชาติ ภายใต้สัดส่วนพันธุ์องุ่นกาแบร์เนโซวีญง 58% เมอร์โล 39% และเปอตีแวร์โด 3% ไร่องุ่นที่ได้รับการรับรอง HVE ยังคงดำเนินต่อไปจนถึงปัจจุบัน การปรับปรุงโรงผลิตไวน์และห้องเก็บไวน์ก็กำลังดำเนินอยู่เช่นกัน โดยตั้งเป้าให้แล้วเสร็จภายในปี 2026
ไวน์รองมีชื่อว่า “Alias” (อาลิอาส) ซึ่งในภาษาละตินมีความหมายว่า “อีกชื่อหนึ่ง” ผลิตจากแปลงองุ่นต้นอ่อน โดยเน้นต้นองุ่นที่ในอนาคตจะเติบโตขึ้นเป็นต้นที่ให้ผลผลิตสำหรับไวน์หลัก สัดส่วนพันธุ์องุ่นคือ กาแบร์เนโซวีญง 58% เมอร์โล 40% และเปอตีแวร์โด 2% บ่มในถังโอ๊กฝรั่งเศสนาน 12-14 เดือนก่อนวางจำหน่าย
3 เรื่องที่รู้แล้วเล่าต่อได้
- การนำเสนอของชาโตแห่งนี้ไม่มีภาพอาคารชาโตที่สวยงามราวภาพวาด แม้แต่บนฉลากก็ไม่มีภาพหอคอยหรือกำแพงป้อมปราการ ไร่องุ่น ห้องบ่มไวน์ และเหรียญรางวัลต่างหากที่เป็นตัวแทนของชาโตแห่งนี้
- บนฉลากยังคงปรากฏเหรียญรางวัลของปี 1878 และ 1889 จนถึงทุกวันนี้ ในยุคเดียวกับการจัดอันดับระดับ 5 เมื่อปี 1855 ชาโตแห่งนี้ก็ได้รับรางวัลต่อเนื่องในงานเวิลด์แฟร์ที่ปารีสเช่นกัน
- ในปี 1969 เจ้าของไร่ได้ปลูกองุ่นใหม่ครึ่งหนึ่งของไร่ภายในหนึ่งปี การตัดสินใจของ Jean-Michel Quié ในครั้งนั้น คือรากฐานที่หล่อหลอมไร่องุ่นขนาดประมาณ 30 เฮกตาร์ในปัจจุบัน
